Jewelry Fit Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we obtain via your transactions and interactions with Jewelry Fit, including through your use of Jewelry Fit websites, social media pages and other platforms that reference this Privacy Notice (“Online Channels”); your visits to our store, including when you complete our customer information collection cards, and when you connect with us via telephone, at our events and through surveys (“Offline Channels”); and through our third-party sources, including advertising and social media networks (collectively, the “Channels”).
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We collect personal information about you through various Channels as described above. The types of personal information we collect include:
- – contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- – username and password;
- – payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- – customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- – photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- – information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- – information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Jewelry Fit, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills) and details about your current employment;
- – purchase and transaction information;
- – contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- – location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- – information we may obtain from our third-party service providers; and
- – other personal information we obtain through our Channels.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the personal information we obtain as described in this policy and rely on a number of legal bases to do so as described further below, including:
- – performance of a contract with you;
- – our legitimate business interests;
- – compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- – your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We use the information we obtain to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including to:
- – transact with you and provide various products and services to you;
- – process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- – manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- – provide customer support (including repairs, alterations, cleaning and other services); and
- – create and manage your account with Jewelry Fit.
We use the information we obtain on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we can describe further upon request, including to:
- – operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- – reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- – verify your identity;
- – send you promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, special occasion reminders and other communications from sales professionals with whom you’ve engaged);
- – communicate with you via email, postal mail, phone and other means about, and to administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- – protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- – comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- – respond to your inquiries.
In addition, we process your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) collect information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites (such as on websites that serve our ads). We may use such information to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party ad buying networks (such as Facebook, and Twitter). Through such buying networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve Jewelry Fit advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we typically retain personal information we obtain about you for as long as it is needed (1) for the purposes for which we obtained it, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice, which generally means that we will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship or as long as you keep your account open with us; or (2) to take into account applicable statute of limitation periods and comply with mandatory applicable laws. As described in the “Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice, to the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request that we delete your information or restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect about you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us at any time to remove your information from our mailing lists, exercise your rights or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend, or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible. You also may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country if you are not satisfied with our responses.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise your rights, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information or complying with your request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request if we find it to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, or in case of an access request, in order to provide you with additional copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Online Channels are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable pursuant to relevant law) through our websites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice (including any addenda) may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website indicating at the bottom of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email email@example.com. If you have any questions or comments about this Global Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to:
Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer / Data Protection Officer
c/o Legal Department
Last Updated: December 3th, 2018