Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.jewelryfit.com.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We collect personal information about you through various Channels as described above. The types of personal information we collect include:
- – contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- – username and password;
- – payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- – customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- – photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- – information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- – information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Jewelry Fit, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills) and details about your current employment;
- – purchase and transaction information;
- – contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- – location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- – information we may obtain from our third-party service providers; and
- – other personal information we obtain through our Channels.
COLLECTION WITH COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the personal information we obtain as described in this policy and rely on a number of legal bases to do so as described further below, including:
- – performance of a contract with you;
- – our legitimate business interests;
- – compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- – your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We use the information we obtain to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including to:
- – transact with you and provide various products and services to you;
- – process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- – manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- – provide customer support (including repairs, alterations, cleaning and other services); and
- – create and manage your account with Jewelry Fit.
We use the information we obtain on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we can describe further upon request, including to:
- – operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- – reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- – verify your identity;
- – send you promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, special occasion reminders and other communications from sales professionals with whom you’ve engaged);
- – communicate with you via email, postal mail, phone and other means about, and to administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- – protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- – comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- – respond to your inquiries.
In addition, we process your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. We also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
- – Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Global Privacy Notice. We share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, analytics and marketing services. We also share your personal information within the Jewelry Fit Group for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
HOW LONG WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we typically retain personal information we obtain about you for as long as it is needed (1) for the purposes for which we obtained it, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice, which generally means that we will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship or as long as you keep your account open with us; or (2) to take into account applicable statute of limitation periods and comply with mandatory applicable laws. As described in the “Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice, to the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request that we delete your information or restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Online Channels are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable pursuant to relevant law) through our websites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us”section of this Privacy Notice.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice (including any addenda) may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website indicating at the bottom of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or comments about this Global Privacy Notice, please email us at email@example.com. You also may write to: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer / Data Protection Officer c/o Legal Department Jewelry Fit. Customer Relations Minamikasai Edogawaku. Tokyo,JapanLast Updated: December 3th, 2018